A Garden Stroll

 Opener: 

Whenever I'm stressed or need to clear my head, I have found that taking a nice walk through High Point's beautiful gardens always helps me calm down. Looking at all the sculptures and flowers can be really calming when you have had a busy day and sitting on the benches with all the butterflies. 

Negative space: 


For my first picture, I wanted to start off my walk with a picture representing negative space. My shoes represent the start with the surrounding being all the pebbles on the path. By having nothing but my feet as the main subject of the picture it allows the eye to go right to them to emphasize my pink crocs. 


Fill the Frame:


For this photo, I took a picture of this flower sculpture that takes up the whole frame that eliminates the the surrounding so that the eye focuses on the sculpture. Since the flower is filling the frame the viewer wouldn't automatically know that this picture was taken in a garden. 


Rule of Thirds:



I used the rule of thirds for this picture with the focus being the red flower. Since this is the most popular way to take pictures, the eye normally responds and immediately looks at pictures in thirds, I thought the red flower would draw the eyes attention fairly quickly using this rule of composition. 


Angels:



For this photo I took the picture from below the sculpture to be able to see it from a different point of view and to emphasize the size and importance of the art on my walk. Taking the picture from below makes it seem bigger and have more of an impact, plus it is more interesting for the eye to look at. 


Depth of the Field:



I took this picture with a shallow depth of field along the line of flowers. I made sure that the background was clear with no people walking by. I wanted to make sure that the line of flowers was long enough so the picture could have proper depth so it could be fairly pleasing to the eye with a pop of color. 


Closer: 

As I was taking these pictures it opened my eyes of the different ways to take pictures and capture the different objects. Photography is a difficult concept with many different ways to get an interesting picture to your liking or need. I had a lot of fun working with different kinds of composition while taking these pictures.





















Comments